Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day trip - Rockport, MA

Posted by Picasa
It was such a beautiful weekend here! Both Saturday and Sunday were sunny and cool. On Saturday we decided to take Annie on the road and headed up to Rockport, MA. It's about 45 min north of Boston, and I lived in Rockport for a year during my under grad days. Rockport is awesome. It's this great coastal small town, with lots of fun shops, art galleries and restaurants. You knew there had to be food involved if we were going!
Most of the pictures are taken on Bearskin Neck, which is like this little peninsula that juts out into the ocean. It's lined with tons and tons of fun shops and tons and tons of galleries. It was a bit cliche that 2 out 3 art galleries featured nothing but ocean-related works... but they were cool none the less. And I think you can tell from the pics of Annie and Karen that it was a bit windy on the end of the neck!
Annie had a lot of fun, although every time we would take her out of her stroller to walk around, she would take off. She's not very good at holding your hand and walking nicely beside you, so I guess we'll keep working on that! Anyone have any advice or guidance as to when I can expect her to follow on command?
What else did we do? Well, after we got back on Saturday and we put Annie down for a nap, I had to watch "An Inconvenient Truth" for my Monday class. What it should have been called was "An Inconvenient Long Lecture from Al Gore for 90 minutes and oh yeah, still bitter I lost the election." Seriously. I consider myself myself a bit progressive, and I definitely try and do my part to reduce, reuse, and recycle - so I thought I would actually like the movie.
Not so much. In the first 10 minutes he referenced losing the election at least twice, pretty much implied GWB was at fault for most of the environmental problems, and was a big gass-bag. I'm also not the biggest GWB fan, but come on, the guy was only in charge for 8 years, hardly enough time to be guilty of the stuff that Gore tries to link him to. And I can't say this enough, the whole movie was about Gore! He did this, he has been working since 19XX, no one would listen to him, he tried to this... And it went on and on and on and on... I can't remember the last vanity project like this I've seen, unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment